4.3.1 Our latest feature releases, product improvements, and bug fixes.
Improved Public API documentation
- You can now unhire candidates from the Hired tab, you’ll be able to inout a reason for reporting purposes eg. Accepted offer elsewhere and did not start
- Comment field in the hiring manager survey will only show if `other` is selected.
- Text updated on other comments field to `Please provide a reason for selecting other`
- Today’s date will be pre-selected when the hire date picker is opened for the first time
- Buttons + Vervoe logo will now be your preselected company brand color on the post-hire survey page
- Updated text to add an ‘s to the candidate’s name on the post-hire email and page
- Added a tooltip for long names on
What date was the candidate hired?
- The free text comment field will expand on the survey to accommodate long responses
- Added endpoint for hiring and unhiring candidates via Public API
- Optimized the Score Distribution chart for when there is only 1 skill in the assessment
- Updated the names of CSV files from Insights to better format the data
- Shareable candidate card will now include the overall score for rejected candidates
Free Trial Expiration
- A bug stopping some old accounts from accessing the subscription page has been fixed
- The wrong link to the Invite page in the Setup Guide has been fixed for new accounts
- Google Maps now works when selecting a location
- Advanced Scoring: The text score from one group was hidden when another was added
- Max character length of 180 for emails and 160 for usernames has been implemented
Hired – Closing the loop
- You can now track the progress of hired candidates in Vervoe. Our closing the loop survey is sent directly to hiring managers 3 months after their new employee starts.
- The survey asks 2 simple questions around the quality of the hire
- The data we capture will be used in company reporting to show time to hire, quality of hire and basic reporting like ROI
- The flow is activated upon a candidate being marked as hired. You will be asked to select or add the name of the hiring manager along with their email and the date the candidate was hired.
- You can click on the new `hired` tab in the top navigation bar at any time to review, change or add these details to candidates marked hired across all assessments.
- The `hired` link in the navigation bar leads to the hired tab in the redesigned all candidates
- Post hire survey will be viewable from the hired tab 120 days after the hired date.
- Find out more here
- You can now review assessment level insights including completions over time, AI score distribution and question by question drop off
- Insights are accessible from any stage of an assessment via the insights icon
- Data from each chart can be downloaded via a CSV file
- Find out more here
- If you change the question type eg from MC to text the related entities and drafts won’t be deleted meaning if you change the question type back you’ll still see all of the MC options.
- Migration: Candidates invited to an offline stage are now displayed on the All Candidates page
- Google Maps now works when selecting location
- Language settings: Some candidate’s saw a blank screen and console error on submit if Google translation was enabled
- invitationReceived status is no longer duplicated for candidates who were invited via API
- Assessment library has been completely redesigned making it easier to connect with relevant content. Search has also been updated so that it’s more robust and occurs on a global level so regardless of any category you may be in you’ll always be searching the entire catalog. Find out more here
Assessment Flow Improvements
- Updated default green color on all buttons/icons in assessment in the employers app inline with our new design color palette
- Hired is now accessible from the candidate report card without needing to click on the extended menu making it more visible to users
- Updated functionality for ‘sort’ drop down in Select mode. Now if only a few questions in a skill group are select the skill group will default to open to make it easy for users to see what has been selected
- Small assessment card statistics have been updated to reflect the same numbers as inside the Select stage. Candidates that reapply are no longer counted on the assessment card.
- ‘Create Assessment’ button has been lifted up to the top navigation bar when in the assessment library
- Team viewers can no longer see the edit button for google docs when reviewing an assessment via the create stage or comparing candidates in Select.
- Endpoint added for removing assessments from folder through public API so that folders in UI match folders in integration
- Assessment timer error related to Daylight Saving fixed
- ‘Close Report card’ button not closing the candidate tab in select has been fixed
- Wrong front end page being passed to the back end when searching in “My assessments” if the previous request hasn’t completed has been fixed
- Skills repeat on AB input modal fixed
- A new folder system has been added to the top of the My Assessments page to allow you to organise or group your assessments
- Folders can hold an infinite number of assessments and there can be an infinite number of folders
- Folders do not contain permissions and can be used by anyone in your account
- Find out more here
New Sign In
- Registration and sign in pages have been redesigned to include new Vervoe branding
- You can now create several Zaps for the same event on the same assessment
- We’ve added an endpoint for rejecting candidates using the public API and added the ‘rejected’ status
- We’ve added the new assessment folders to ‘Get list of assessments’ endpoint for the API
- There’s now a list of skills from each assessment in the ‘Get list of assessments’ endpoint for the API
- Added validation on length of candidate’s name and email when inviting candidates via email, Public API, integrations or when candidate applies via link
- Updated the text in the Magic link email to support Candidate’s that have no assessment deadline
- Updated colour of “confirm email” button from Change Email (To New Email)
- Updated “Vervoe” logo in the application and on the candidate page
- Added ‘Hired’ status as a field to the exported CSV file
- Improved left side nav panel from ‘Create’ and ‘Invite’ pages
- Candidates open report card tabs are now saved after a page refresh
- Related entries and drafts for question types won’t be deleted when changing question types.
- Timer and required question status is now reflected on the question preview when using Compare
- Rejection emails for candidates can now be managed under the Invite page settings
- Hired badge added to the select list to show candidates that have been marked as hired
- Scroll has been added for candidate answers on the candidate card so it’s easier to view code challenges.
- After deleting a skill group with questions in the Create stage, all questions were moved to the previous group, but after page refresh appeared again in the first group. This has been rectified
- Syntax error fixed on importing a CSV if an accented character is right before comma
- Invite, Select, Grading tabs can no longer be opened by URL after an assessment is deactivated
- Question content now appears immediately after generating assessment
- Candidate cards will immediately unlock now after plan upgrade
- Decimal price on “Order Summary” modal has been fixed while upgrading plan
- Candidate’s score and completion time are included in statistic values despite candidate re-applying via Vervoe API has been updated
- Team Member users no longer see All-Candidates page on the Assessment that they have no access to
- Fixed text for email with magic link when Candidate has expired status
- Incorrect error message in Candidate’s profile when they are trying to upload the file with not-supported format has been updated
- If there is an empty answer, the question will no longer reflect “not optimised”
- Blank page and console error when customer selects the last test case and clicks on delete icon has been fixed
See the new Vervoe in action here!
- You will now be able to see a new Invite UI that includes invite via link, email, csv upload, candidate experience settings and an overview of invitations and completions.
- Candidates can be tracked via their invite source eg LinkedIn, Seek etc
- Deadline extension requests are easily seen and managed
- Tags can be added to candidates
- Candidates can be rejected from here
- ‘Extend’ renamed ‘Re-Invite’ from three dot menu from Invite page for candidates that have never opened assessment invitation
- Find out more with our help article here
- The design of the ‘Optimize’ UI has been updated to match the new stages
- Find out more with our help article here
- You will now see a completely redesigned results page with rank, score, badges for top performers and trophies for skills
- Candidate report cards and small hover cards have been redesigned to show score per skill break down and question by question responses along with any tags or comments from team members
- You can sort candidates by knocking out skills or questions and watching the scores recalculate
- Filter candidates easily based on your tags
- View multiple candidate cards via a tab system within the select screen
- Candidates can be added to a shortlist
- Candidates can be compared question by question from the shortlist
- Compared candidates or individual candidate cards can be quickly shared with stakeholders
- Question Groups have now been renamed Skill Groups
- Sort is disabled when question randomization + limit/limit is activated for the whole assessment and for assessments with text score
- Find out more with our help article here
- Brand new Hire functionality allows you to track successful candidates across all of your assessments
- Hire flow is accessible via the assessment card when an assessment is deactivated and from within an assessment.
- ‘Hire’ can be selected from the three-dot menu from select overview and shortlist pages along with the candidate report card.
- Hired’ status added to Vervoe API, Zapier and Segment events
- ‘Hired’ filter added to ‘All candidates’ page
- Find out more with our help article here
- You can check the status of an assessment or the integration and withdraw both from SmartRecruiters if required
- Added list of skills in assessment to ‘Get list of assessments’ endpoint for API
- Hidden link to “Company account” for Team members on Tag modal
MC Question Type update
- Multiple Choice question type has been updated and now accepts media
- Media files can be added to answer variant fields of Multiple Choice questions type including code, audio, video, file upload, and images
- Updated design of icons for media in question field
- You can see updated Multiple Choice candidate answer from the grading card
- ‘Team Scoring Instructions’ are now displayed on grading card for autograded question types (code challenges, MC, Numbers and spreadsheets)
- Files can now be downloaded from create, grading or the preview
- Alert now shows if a too large file is uploaded
- Loading state added to file uploads
- Incorrect limit number is shown on banner “You’ve almost reached your limit”
- Some wrong assessments were shown when clicking on some categories in the Assessment Library for the first time
- Term in Search field now clears if you switch from Home page to Categories
- An error notification now shows if no answer is marked as correct in Multiple-choice option question
- Team Viewer 403 error on assessment with no invited candidates has been fixed
- Employer on ATS flow can now search Candidates inside job using capital letters
- Professional plan is being amended to cap candidate completions at 300 per assessment each month
- The Free Trial candidate completion cap will change to 30 completions
- Unlimited temporary user seats added to Free Trial so all stakeholders can experience Vervoe
- New users will be able to sign up from an assessment they see on the vervoe.com website
- Sign up steps will be reduced from 3 pages to just 1 to simplify the process
MC Question Type Update
- The Multiple Choice question type has been updated and now accepts media
- Media files can be added to the answer variant fields including code, audio, video, file upload, and images
- Updated design of icons for media in question field
- Candidate responses including media will be available to see on the grading card
- SSO has been implemented as a paid feature
Improvements for Assessments
- Customers with enabled API feature can disable/enable candidate deadline for submission
- Assessment deadline won’t copy when customer publishes an Assessment into the library
- Zapier events won’t be sent for inactive assessments
Number Question Type
- Candidate’s answer on Number question type is exported to csv file
- Candidate’s answer and correct answer for Number question type are shown on shared cards (public, agency)
- “Answered” checkmark now disappears from Number question after candidates deleted their answer
- Question had incorrect status “Answers graded”, despite there being no answer to grade
- Old AI score is no longer shown for candidate who complete an interview for the 2nd time (after extending deadline)
- Header sometimes moved to the middle of the page for several seconds when question downloads the has been fixed
- Team editor can’t edit auto-progress setting if there’s only 1 active assessment and it is auto-graded has been fixed
- Wrong permission for a former team member who was invited again has been fixed
- After registration customers were landing on My Assessments page instead of Expert Library page
- You can add custom tags to candidates and then filter by these tags in the results section of your assessment
- The Star feature has been replaced by tagging so you can group candidates as you prefer.
- Tags are not available to customers on the older Job Flow interface.
- You have up to 20 allocated tags per account that can be named by you eg. Phone Interview or Reviewed by NB
- Candidates can be tagged or untagged from the Results list of your assessment
- You can edit, manage or delete tags from ‘Company account’ page
- View the help article for more information
- The autogradable question type for Numbers has been added as a selection in the assessment editor
- You can use this for question that require a numerical response only eg. 22
- The standardisation of collecting number responses means the question type is easily graded by our AI
- Setting added to company account page that allows you to change the language of the candidate application to Spanish
- Candidate’s emails, questions are localized into contextual Spanish and candidates can respond in Spanish
- Localization is available to all customers on Assessment Flow
- Localized content can be AI graded
- For more information check out the help center article
Public library clean up
- Clean up of questions in public library assessments to remove unnecessary data eg. question have MC sample answer when the question type is just Text
- If randomization is turned on for a skill group then the minimum number of questions that it applies to is 1
- Toggle for randomization is not an option if there’s 0 questions in a skill group
Question Settings and Assessment Updates
- Error text will prompt you if you entered the correct answer > 255 characters on an assessment question
- If you have more than 8 skill groups in an assessment the results page will only show the first 8 with a + to view the rest
Expert Library Updates
- Questions in the public library with inconsistent data have been cleaned up eg Question type spreadsheet but sample answer in different format
- Fix typo in ‘Skill Group Randomization’ block
- Redesigned question cards for Active Learning
- “Calculating AI score” status will not show for Candidates who completed the assessment with only non-gradable questions
Company slug now an activated feature
- Company Slug can only be edited if the setting is active for your plan
Candidate app changes
- Replace wording from “interview” to “assessment” on Start Timer/Equipment check page/Complete later modal from Candidate app
- Add redirections to /forbidden (403) page
- Remove input button added to the search field
- Chunky footer removed from the app
- Save’ question button is constantly shown on Create tab
- Removed ‘Grade manually button from Results list
- Replaced wording from “interview” to “assessment” on mobile Submit modal (all questions are completed)
Bug fixes in the candidate app and experience
- If a candidate tries to upload an empty file they’ll receive the error message `The file you are trying to upload is empty`
- Candidate’s clicking on a job link, which was opened before Assessment/Job was deactivated now see a 404 error preventing them from completing and not being recorded
- Limit candidate’s output to the same length as has Employer: 5000 characters
- “More time requested” status is only shown for candidate’s that have `expired` or has a status “rejected”, and the deadline for the candidate has passed, and the interview is not submitted
Bug fixes in the Create assessment flow
- Duplications of suggested skills on the assessment builder have been removed
Bug fixes to ATS flow
- A loader is now in place to stop multiple clicks and multiple jobs with the same name being created
Bug fixes for Randomisation
- Incorrect max score was shown for question group when randomisation is turned on
- 2 options are available for Employer “Display score as a percentage” and “Display custom text depending on score”
ATS Flow fixes
- Rejecting Candidate via bulk actions now shows instantly on the on Job insights until page
Create Builder and Assessments
- Audio/video is deleted after you remove it from the Question field
- Issues with renamed Sheet in Google Spreadsheet auto-graded question fixed
- New result pass/fail from spreadsheet auto-graded test case now replaces the previous view
- The 404 error when customer downloads attached file from Candidate answer from CSV file has been fixed
- “Do you have a resume or portfolio?” section is visible in the Candidate’s profile on mobile
- Questions within skill groups can now be randomized. Users can select individual groups to randomize questions for and the number of questions that get displayed to candidates. For example, a candidate sees 9 questions that have been selected randomly from a total pool of 30 questions.
- Changes to questions groups are now auto-saved.
- See the help article for more information
- SmartRecruiters is shown in the list of integrations for employers with SmartRecruiters
Create assessment builder
- Suggested skills in the Create builder have been updated to remove duplicates. Each skill will now only show once.
- Duplicate questions have also been removed from the Suggested option.
- Style fixes have been implemented on the notifications to make them easier to read
- Team members with View only access will no longer see the `invite candidates` button on the results page
- All questions related to a skill will now show in Suggested even if they don’t have a sample answer.
- The questions list in the Create assessment page now has filters for showing different skill groups. This makes it easier to manage assessments with a lot of questions per skill.
- The scoring component has been updated to make all numbers from 1 – 10 visible by default
- Scores now highlight to confirm selection before moving to the next answer.
- When you deactivate an assessment you will now remain in the `active` tab and a notification that the Assessment was deactivated will show as confirmation.
- The question groups page was refactored in the BE. The customer sees a new question groups page design that is easier to use and saves automatically.
More helpful error screens for candidates and employers
- Implement 404 page on Candidate’s app — if candidate’s find themselves on a page that doesn’t exist they will see a helpful 404 page that links to support.
- Update ‘down for maintenance’ screen for the employer and candidate — Employers and candidates will see a helpful and on-brand page when the product is down for maintenance
- Update error screen for the deactivated shared link — when a share link is deactivated the candidate sees a helpful error page.
Minor UI fixes to employer app
- Rename ‘Grading Instructions’ from AL to ‘Scoring Instructions’
- Add tooltips on hover of icons on collapsible right navigation panel from Grading page
- Side nav panel should be exposed by default on ‘Create&Edit Assessment’ page
- Users can use keyboard scrolling/navigation to scroll down a long candidate answer on candidate grading card — Bug fix for keyboard scrolling (down and up arrows) on a long answer in candidate card.
Results CSV download
- All data and column names in CSV exports have been realigned so the data and columns match
Saving from assessment library
- If you navigate away from the page after clicking `add` on an assessment you don’t have to wait for the spinner to stop for the assessment to save to your list.
- Fix displaying the error on candidate dashboard when there are google questions in the assessment on mobile — allows candidates to do assessments with Google questions on Mobile and gives them the suggestion `we recommend completing this assessment on a desktop` instead of an error.
- Fix displaying the assessment timer in the mobile header — Shows assessment timer instead of the assessment expiration timer if the assessment timer will run out first.
- Typo fixed for candidate “submission” — previously said “submittion”
- There is extra scroll in questions list in Candidate interview
- Wrong amount of max score in Text score type after adding not valid info/non-gradable question
- After generating assessment with tt builder Employer gets Multiple choice question with empty answer
- Employer gets several emails about assessment completion of candidate (the same assessment, the same candidate)
- Wrong expiration date of Assessment in letter with magic link for Candidate — candidate assessment reminder email now includes the correct expiration date.
- Wrong “expired” status and expiration time is shown on Candidate’s dashboard after assessment deadline was decreased
- Time in “in progress [time] ago” status resets every time when candidate resumes the interview or refreshes the interview page
- Candidate can apply via job link, which was opened before Assessment/Job was deactivatewe rec